Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Butterflies.

 Hello, again! Things have been busy over here in my neck of the woods, and HOT. There was a heat index of 103 today! So I've been doing a lot of little stuff, while working on a commission in my AC. I got a car, moved, and got a job all within a week, so that's also another reason for my absence, and I'm sorry, readers. I don't mean to make anyone worry, nor do I like keeping anyone on the edge of their seats (ha) waiting for my next update.
So here it is! My shop has had a LOT of new jewelry lately, because it's been too hot to knit, but when we had a cold front, I knitted this baby set, which is available for sale here.


 Before I finished those, though, I finished a thing from my great bag of WIPs, which now has only the green shawl, Cope (if anyone remembers that) and two blankets. Soon, those will be gone too!! Right after my current two commissions are done. Anyway, the newly-dubbed Snow Shawl is available to buy here as well!



 The third thing that I finished (after the baby set and the shawl, like a project monogamous person would do!), was crochet a commission for a friend of mine. She wanted dinosaur booties for her daughter, so those are all done and ready to go!


So, yeah, all that knitting is done. I have been knitting the Lavender Garden shawl, by Heirloom Knits (ravelry link), as another commission. Someone who found me through my Facebook page bought the pattern and the yarn, and asked me to knit it for her, and said she'd pay me for my time. It's a very lovely shawl, and I'm knitting it with a KnitPicks Lace that the commissioner had picked out, and I have to say, it's MUCH prettier in a smooth yarn than it is in the fuzzy yarn. If you want to see updates of that before I can blog them, please like my Kit's Knits page on Facebook!

In other creations, I've finished a few pairs of earrings. Just these simple white cranes, (available here) and then I decided that I've made an awful LOT of cranes in my life. Wouldn't something else be interesting as earrings?
 So I googled and googled, and found so many different butterfly patterns! But these are far too big for earrings! (Any good suggestions for them? Each one is about an inch and a half long. I'll mail one to the winning suggestor!) So the search went on!!





And I found these! They are tiny and sweet and darling little earrings. The while thing is less than an inch long. They are also for sale here, and can/will be made in many other colors, so suggestions ARE welcome!


Next on the agenda (besides the shawl) is camping and fishing!
So there you have it. That's how my life has been these past few weeks. I hope everyone else's summer is going well also!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could finish that much stuff! You're on a roll :)

    ReplyDelete