Thursday, August 15, 2013

Contest!

So, today I'm going to break this post up into chunks. First, life update. I finally started my job at my college's library and I love every second of it. This semester, I have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and work Monday-Thursday. So Fridays (assuming I get knitting etc done at all) might be a good day to keep an eye out for posts. I have been fairly active on Facebook, if anyone has noticed. I'm hosting a contest there right now, so if you're interested, please go ahead and enter! If you don't want to enter on Facebook, simply leave a comment here! And yes, double entries count!

Second, knitting update. I've been working on Commissions only for now, the purple Heirloom Shawl. It's a pretty simple pattern, now that I've gotten the hang of it, but the rows are getting SO long, so I'm not sure how much longer it will be a "portable" project.


 Not that the Tom Baker is all that portable either, but for the time being, it's only about a foot and a half long, so it might become my "portable" project for a little while. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I need to soon because I have an hour between classes.

 On the front of other crafts, I finally finished spinning up the last of that llama. (which I seriously haven't talked about since January. Whoops.)




Oh well, it's done. And I started spinning yak? It's SO SOFT. I want to turn it into a bed. I have four ounces, and all those white runs are being entirely overridden by that black/dark gray. I really love the look, but I"m worried about how it will ply.

Also I started spinning mohair. Not as interesting. (the llama and mohair are still part of that gradient set from forever ago.)
On to cross-stitch! I sprained my wrist a few weeks ago and couldn't knit but discovered I could still sew, so I sewed. A lot.

So much, in fact, that I finally finished this! After quite a few months.
Crazy, right? It'll be framed and up for sale in the shop within the next few days so just keep an eye on Facebook and all that. And don't forget to enter the contest!

2 comments:

  1. I don't really use facebook, but I'd love to enter your contest! It's good to see so much progress in crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really use facebook either but if I could enter that would be great :) I love that you covered so many crafts in one post!

    ReplyDelete